Thursday, December 10, 2009
10 REASONS TO LIST YOUR HOME DURING THE WINTER
• FEWER SHOWINGS - Yes, there are less buyers, but those buyers that are left are usually very serious about making a purchase.
• LESS COMPETITION - Most people wait until spring and summer to list their home, which means during the winter you will have far less competition than at any other time of the year.
• JANUARY IS THE BIGGEST TRANSFER MONTH - Did you know that more corporate moves happen during January than at any other time of the year? This may be a great reason to list your home during the winter.
• TIMING - By putting your home on the market during the winter, you may be able to more easily hit your moving goals!
• MORE TIME TO GET TOP DOLLAR - By starting to market your home early, you may be able to secure a higher price.
• MORE ADVERTISING - Because most agent and offices have less inventory during the winter, your home may be advertised more often than during the spring and summer months.
• MORE ATTENTION - Most agents will be able to devote more specialized attention to your needs during the winter because they have less clients to manage.
• THE MARKET - Today's interest rates are at forty year lows. This gives buyers more spending power, and will be even more important when you begin shopping for your next home!
• GREAT TIME TO SHOP - If your home sells quickly, you will also be able to take advantage of finding your home during the winter.
• HOMES SHOW BETTER DURING THE HOLIDAYS - Buyers love homes that can tell a story. The holidays are a great time to show homes because the home is usually dressed up for holiday celebrations!