Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Good Deeds Day"

Not too long ago Heather sent a message saying ... " saved someone's life today... literally...". She had been on a her way to grab some pictures of a house for a perspective buyer. On her way to the other end of the county, she felt the need to stop and "powder her nose" and that's when the story began. Here, in her own words, ... Heather's "Good Deed for the Day"



"I am working with a customer who resides out of state. When properties come on the market that fit their criteria I preview them, take photos & tell the customer whether or not I think they should proceed forward with it. That is the wonderful thing about my business is the level of trust that my customers place in me. I love how they feel comfortable enough with me to establish that relationship. I hear horror stories of people who hate their agent and don’t have a good “bond” and it just is unfortunate they hadn't found me in time to have a different experience. Anyway, I digress.. back to the story…


On one such Monday I ran over to Coconut Creek and on the way there I needed to powder my nose. Not knowing what kind of condition I was going to find this foreclosure listing in, I decided to stop at a local grocery store. As I park and walk to the store, I notice the car next to me is running with a woman inside looking like she was bending over to grab something. After another second or two I realize this woman isn’t moving. Something doesn’t sit right with me and I decide that if the woman is in the exact same position upon me exiting the store I would do something (what I do not know), but something… Needless to say, a few minutes later I walk back to my car and notice the woman is in the exact same position. NOTHING had changed. I take my car keys and gently tap the passenger window a couple of times. Nothing. I do it again. Nothing. I then decided to go back into the store and ask for a manager.


I get a manager and preface my conversation with him about how this is going to sound crazy, etc, etc,. He proceeds to walk out with me, cell phone in hand to dial 911. We get to the car & he knocks heavily on the window with his fist. After the third attempt the woman arouses from her state and takes her about another full minute to open the door – she couldn’t roll down the window because it was taped in place. She is barely cogniscent (spelling?) and her eyes are all unfocused. She says she is OK and explains she worked late the previous night and was sleeping it off. (What it was you’ll soon find out…) As she is talking, or slurring I should say, I notice the back of her SUV is full of suitcases & boxes, like all of her belongings. She woman continues to say she is alright and after the third time of assuring us, the manager and I walk away. The manager picked up on the same vibes as I did and asked what do I think he should do. I said, come back and check on her in another 10 minutes (at that point it may be considered loitering, no?). I also gave him my card and said if he needs anything to call me.


About an hour later I get a call from the manager who said he came back about 15 minutes later, he could not rouse her this time & called 911. The paramedics were just leaving with her and they thought it was a potential drug overdose. The manager thanked me for being a good Samaritan. Too bad the homes I looked at that day did not work for my customer! That means I am meant to be out in the field again, listing property & saving lives!"


So, there you have it, our Heather, the realtor extrodinair, wonderful wife to D., awesome cook, fantastic mom to her kitties...and Good Samaritan, willing to step in and save lives. Even throughout her hectic day, she takes the time to care and step in...and saved a life because of it! You go, girl!


Meanwhile, back in the office, Heathrow was holding down the fort...after all, someone has to do all that paperwork!







TTFN





1 comment:

  1. You're such a good person, selling the right home, and saving lives....Wow

    ReplyDelete